We locals love to barbecue on the beach especially on Sundays. Yu di Kòrsou (locals of Curacao) love food as much as they love the island, so we would have barbecue for birthdays, public holidays and/or because we just feel like it! Every Sunday there are people barbecuing on different beaches and believe us, the whole family goes along! Do you want to experience Curaçao as a local? Then you really have to visit one of the following beaches on a Sunday and have a barbecue yourself.
We will help you prepare your ultimate beach barbecue! We’ve created a list with the must have for the barbecue:
- Buy a disposable barbecue at any supermarket
- Don’t forget the firelighters, matches/lighter
- Of course, you can’t forget the food (bread, meat, sauce, vegetables)
- And the most important: drinks! (water, soft drinks, beer, wine)
- Bring your trash bags, so we can keep the island clean
- Disposable tableware
- And naturally you must bring your cool beach inflatables!
So now you’re ready and set to have your ultimate barbecue day at the beach!
There is a large group of locals that like to go to the beach early in the morning and they’ll stay until the end of the afternoon. You’re not an early bird? That’s fine. Keep in mind that if you go to the beach after noon on Sundays, it can be busy and the beach beds can be sold out.
The thing that makes barbecuing in Curacao so nice is, that it doesn’t matter on what time of the day you barbecue, because you will enjoy it to the max anyhow! If you come late in the afternoon you can enjoy the beautiful view of the sunset. Who wants to miss that?! Not us!Very important:
Please make sure that you’re not the only ones left on the beach after the sunset, safety first!